Help With Heating Bills

sunflowersFor those who need help with paying heating bills in the winter, most States have Energy Assistance Programs. I used to work with one of the programs taking applications. In most cases, you do Not have to be over 62 or on Social Security Disability. You do need to be over 18, have a heating bill in your name and be under the income guideline. The best place to find out if your City or Town offers assistance is to call the City Hall. It’s possible applications are done at the Community Services building or the Senior Center. Applications are also taken at the agencies that house the Energy Assistance Program.

The help is for all types of heat: Gas, Electric and Oil.

The benefits can be substantial and really help families get through the winter months.  It’s best to apply early before funds run short.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s